Westminster Council validated 16 planning applications during October 2022 in the Fitzrovia West neighbourhood area.
Among the monthly list are applications for: condenser units at 5-11 Mortimer Street; roof extension and terrace at Flat 4 146 Great Portland Street; alterations and addition of terraces to 7-9 Rathbone Street; tables and chairs at 77A Wells Street; installation of tank and enclosure of plant room to rear of flat at 59-61 Bolsover Street; seven air con units on roof at 40 Great Portland Street (near corner of Little Portland Street); use of ground floor as a drinking establishment with expanded food provision (Sui Generis) and associated internal renovations at ground floor 48 Margaret Street.
There is also a decision to refuse permission for an application 30-32 Mortimer Street; and an appeal decision to grant permission at 10 Ogle Street (see below list of applications).
To view the applications and make a comment, use the monthly list below and the links to the full application on the council website. There is a limited time to submit comments. If you have trouble with the link not working, use the application reference number and search Westminster’s planning website. The monthly list we publish is pulled from the council’s website and is correct at the time of publication.
Residents in the Westminster part of Fitzrovia can also seek advice on planning applications by contacting the Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Dropping of the external threshold on the main door, removal of security shutter, replacement door to accommodate dropped threshold and associated plant. 40 Newman Street London W1T 1QZRef. No: 22/07352/FULL | Received: Mon 31 Oct 2022 | Validated: Mon 31 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Use of the public highway for the placing of 16 tables, 32 chairs, six planters and two barriers in an area measuring 3.7m x 11.4m in connection with the existing ground floor use. Basement To First Floor 11-13 Market Place London W1W 8AHRef. No: 22/07214/TCH | Received: Wed 26 Oct 2022 | Validated: Wed 26 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Installation of two condenser units onto the flat roof. Fourth Floor Network House 5-11 Mortimer Street London W1T 3JBRef. No: 22/07191/FULL | Received: Tue 25 Oct 2022 | Validated: Mon 31 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Erection of a roof extension to provide additional accommodation to existing flat, with associated terrace. Flat 4 146 Great Portland Street London W1W 6QBRef. No: 22/07106/FULL | Received: Fri 21 Oct 2022 | Validated: Wed 26 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Amendments to planning permission dated 14th May 2019 (RN:19/03656/FULL) for, ‘Alterations to the ground floor office entrance’; NAMELY, to change the finish to the splayed entrance reveal from brick slips to Portland Stone render to match the main facade and the like-for-like replacement of glazed block paving slabs.20 Great Portland Street London W1W 8QRRef. No: 22/07079/NMA | Received: Thu 20 Oct 2022 | Validated: Thu 20 Oct 2022 | Status: Decided
- Display of temporary garland lighting around tree trunks and installation of a large illuminated star on Great Titchfield Street (from the section between East Castle Street and Oxford Street) for a temporary period from 21st November 2022 until 8th January 2023. Great Titchfield Street LondonRef. No: 22/06982/ADV | Received: Sun 16 Oct 2022 | Validated: Mon 31 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- External alterations to the Oxford Street elevation to reconfigure the retail shopfront, and other associated works. 1 Newman Street London W1T 1PBRef. No: 22/06920/FULL | Received: Wed 12 Oct 2022 | Validated: Thu 13 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Installation of two air ventilation grilles located on the northern elevation; and other associated works. 1 Newman Street London W1T 1PBRef. No: 22/06919/FULL | Received: Wed 12 Oct 2022 | Validated: Wed 12 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Alterations to front facade of building, alterations to the existing flat roof at second floor level including the provision of amenity terraces in association with the office use (Class E) of the building, alterations to roof level plant and the provision of a single storey roof extension. 7 – 9 Rathbone Street London W1T 1LYRef. No: 22/06819/FULL | Received: Mon 10 Oct 2022 | Validated: Mon 10 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Installation of 7 air conditioning units at roof level. Edinburgh House 40 Great Portland Street London W1W 7LZRef. No: 22/06696/FULL | Received: Tue 04 Oct 2022 | Validated: Tue 04 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Use of two areas of the public highway for the placing of tables and chairs; i) 5 tables and 20 chairs in an area measuring 10.40m x 2.50m on Adam and Eve Court and ii) 3 tables and 6 chairs in an area of 6.0m x 1.20m on the Wells Street frontage in connection with the existing public house. 77A Wells Street London W1T 3QPRef. No: 22/06643/TCH | Received: Mon 03 Oct 2022 | Validated: Mon 03 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Installation of water/ sprinkler tank, box enclosure housing pipe work and screened enclosure around plant room to rear of flat. (Retrospective) 59-61 Bolsover Street And 224-228 Great Portland Street London W1W 5QPRef. No: 22/06679/FULL | Received: Mon 03 Oct 2022 | Validated: Mon 03 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Installation of window panel to enclose existing covered balcony. Flat 195 Holcroft Court Clipstone Street London W1W 5DHRef. No: 22/06463/FULL | Received: Sun 25 Sep 2022 | Validated: Tue 25 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Replacement of first floor window with a door for access to terrace and replacement of wooden parapet safety railing running between a gap in the brick parapet, with a brick in-fill in the parapet. (Retrospective) Flat 1 108 Great Portland Street London W1W 6PGRef. No: 22/06078/FULL | Received: Wed 07 Sep 2022 | Validated: Wed 26 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Shopfront alterations. (Linked with 22/05406/ADV) 22-24 Great Portland Street London W1W 8QSRef. No: 22/05407/FULL | Received: Mon 08 Aug 2022 | Validated: Mon 31 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
- Use of ground floor as drinking establishment with expanded food provision (Sui Generis). Installation of extract duct to the rear elevation terminating above main roof level and installation of an air condenser unit at rear ground floor level. Ground Floor 48 Margaret Street London W1W 8SDRef. No: 22/04870/FULL | Received: Tue 19 Jul 2022 | Validated: Mon 17 Oct 2022 | Status: Pending
Planning application decisions
22/01037/FULL | Demolition of the existing building and redevelopment to provide a 6-storey building (plus basement) for office use (Class E). Creation of terraces at rear fourth and rear and front fifth floor levels. Installation of plant, photovoltaic panels and a green roof at main roof level. | 30-32 Mortimer Street, London W1W 7RE. Decision: The Council has refused permission as proposal is considered unacceptable in design, amenity, sustainability and highways terms.
Planning appeal decisions
21/08706/FULL | Installation of 3 air conditioning units surrounded by an acoustic enclosure at main roof level. | 10 Ogle Street London W1W 6HT. Decision: The appeal is allowed and planning permission is granted for a development.