Westminster Council validated planning applications during February 2023 in Fitzrovia West.
Applications included in the monthly list are: change of use from commercial to residential at 7 Hanson Street; installation of diesel back up generator at 10 Great Castle Street; redevelopment at 30-32 Mortimer Street (includes Bywell Place); two-storey rear extension at 108 Great Portland Street; use of premises as a restaurant at 22-24 Great Portland Street; use of basement, ground, and part of the first floor of 19 Newman Street, which includes 14 Newman Passage as a private members club and spar (as part of The Mandrake hotel at 20-21 Newman Street).
There is also an appeal against enforcement action at 1 Berners Mews, and against refusal of planning permission at 30-32 Mortimer Street, and 18 Mortimer Street.
To view the applications and make a comment, use the monthly list below and the links to the full application on the council website. There is a limited time to submit comments. If you have trouble with the link not working, use the application reference number and search Westminster’s planning website. The monthly list we publish is pulled from the council’s website and is correct at the time of publication.
Residents in the Westminster part of Fitzrovia can also seek advice on planning applications by contacting the Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Installation of diesel back-up generator to existing first floor terrace. 10 Great Castle Street London W1W 8LP Ref. No: 23/01216/FULL | Received: Fri 24 Feb 2023 | Validated: Fri 24 Feb 2023 | Status: Pending
- Change of use from commercial use to a single dwellinghouse, including internal and external alterations to the existing property. 7 Hanson Street London W1W 6TE Ref. No: 23/01220/FULL | Received: Fri 24 Feb 2023 | Validated: Fri 24 Feb 2023 | Status: Pending
- Details of waste/recycling and cycle storage pursuant to Conditions 2 and 5 of planning permission dated 26 January 2023 (RN:22/08054/FULL) 25 – 33 Berners Street London W1T 3LRRef. No: 23/01304/ADFULL | Received: Tue 28 Feb 2023 | Validated: Tue 28 Feb 2023 | Status: Pending
- Details of front entrance canopy and decorative metalwork panels pursuant to Condition 4 (1 and 2) of planning permission dated 05 April 2022 (RN:22/00521/FULL) 23-24 Margaret Street London W1W 8RYRef. No: 23/01172/ADFULL | Received: Wed 22 Feb 2023 | Validated: Wed 22 Feb 2023 | Status: Pending
- Extension at ground floor level through the infilling of the existing car ramp to basement level and to the rear of the building at fourth and fifth floor levels. Provision of an external terrace at fourth floor level, replacement plant enclosure at roof level, and the inclusion of green roofs. All works in conjunction with the refurbishment of the existing building for continued use for commercial, business and service use (Class E). 30-32 Mortimer Street London W1W 7RE Ref. No: 23/01025/FULL | Received: Fri 17 Feb 2023 | Validated: Fri 17 Feb 2023 | Status: Pending
- Samples (photographs) of facing materials pursuant to Condition 6 of planning permission dated 31 March 2022 (RN:22/00218/FULL).306 – 308 Regent Street London W1B 3ATRef. No: 23/00928/ADFULL | Received: Mon 13 Feb 2023 | Validated: Mon 13 Feb 2023 | Status: Decided
- Fenestration changes to western elevation to include removal of existing roller shutters and replacement with new timber framed windows and doors. Kent House 14-17 Market Place London W1W 8AJRef. No: 23/00918/FULL | Received: Mon 13 Feb 2023 | Validated: Mon 13 Feb 2023 | Status: Pending
- Use of the public highway for the placing of three tables, six chairs and two planters in an area measuring 3.03m x 1.5m in connection with the ground floor restaurant. 3 Charlotte Place London W1T 1SDRef. No: 23/00898/TCH | Received: Sun 12 Feb 2023 | Validated: Tue 21 Feb 2023 | Status: Pending
- Amendments to planning permission dated 19th December 2022 (RN: 22/07470/FULL) for replacement ground floor entrance door on Ogle Street; alterations to fenestration and facade at ground floor level on Ogle Street and New Cavendish Street; and replacement of all windows at first to third floor level on Ogle Street and New Cavendish Street with double glazed metal windows NAMELY, retention of existing double doors to lobbied main entrance at ground floor level, but hung so as to swing outwards, and of existing double doors to North end of building.146 New Cavendish Street London W1W 6YQ Ref. No: 23/00781/NMA | Received: Tue 07 Feb 2023 | Validated: Tue 07 Feb 2023 | Status: Decided
- Display of a non-illuminated fascia sign measuring 1.59m x 1.905m.66 Berners Street London W1T 3NLRef. No: 23/00697/ADV | Received: Fri 03 Feb 2023 | Validated: Fri 03 Feb 2023 | Status: Decided
- Detailed drawings of screen to surround the air conditioning units pursuant to Condition 4 of planning permission dated 18th November 2022 (RN: 22/06696/FULL) Edinburgh House 40 Great Portland Street London W1W 7LZRef. No: 23/00632/ADFULL | Received: Wed 01 Feb 2023 | Validated: Wed 01 Feb 2023 | Status: Decided
- Display of an illuminated fascia sign measuring 36.9cm x 545cm. Basement And Ground Floor 146-148 Oxford Street London W1D 1NBRef. No: 23/00609/ADV | Received: Tue 31 Jan 2023 | Validated: Thu 02 Feb 2023 | Status: Decided
- Display of an internally illuminated fascia sign measuring 0.48m x 5.36m.142-144 Oxford Street London W1D 1LZRef. No: 23/00593/ADV | Received: Tue 31 Jan 2023 | Validated: Wed 01 Feb 2023 | Status: Decided
- Use of basement level as a private members club (sui generis), use of rear of the ground floor and rear of the first floor as a spa (sui generis), and front part of the ground floor as an entrance to both the private members club and spa. 19 Newman Street London W1T 1PFRef. No: 23/00567/FULL | Received: Mon 30 Jan 2023 | Validated: Mon 06 Feb 2023 | Status: Pending
- Use of ground floor and part basement as a restaurant (Class E) with installation of an A/C unit and extraction equipment to the rear lightwell with full height kitchen extract duct to the rear elevation. 22-24 Great Portland Street London W1W 8QSRef. No: 23/00526/FULL | Received: Fri 27 Jan 2023 | Validated: Tue 14 Feb 2023 | Status: Pending
- Erection of a two-storey rear infill extension at first and second floors, new balcony at rear second floor, installation of decking and the erection of fencing around part of the new rear flat roof, in connection with its use as roof terrace, and associated works at Flat 1. Flat 1 108 Great Portland Street London W1W 6PGRef. No: 22/08475/FULL | Received: Thu 15 Dec 2022 | Validated: Thu 23 Feb 2023 | Status: Pending
- Appeal against enforcement action “Without the benefit of planning permission and within the last 4 years; the installation of two unauthorised vent pipes and metal framework (affixed to the front elevation of the Property) on the public highway to the front of 1 Berners Mews, W1T 3AJ”. 22/00141/ENFTP | Appeal against | 1 Berners Mews London W1T 3AJ.
- 22/00124/TPREF | Demolition of the existing building and redevelopment to provide a 6-storey building (plus basement) for office use (Class E). Creation of terraces at rear fourth and rear and front fifth floor levels. Installation of plant, photovoltaic panels and a green roof at main roof level. | 30-32 Mortimer Street London W1W 7RE
- 22/00123/TPREF | Replacement of the ground floor front window with openable, double-glazed shopfront. | Basement And Ground Floor Maisonette 18 Mortimer Street London W1T 3JN