Westminster Council has validated 19 planning applications so far this month in the Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association amenity society area. There is also one appeal against a decision to refuse planning permission.
Among the applications registered to date are: advertising consent for signs at 21 Foley Street, and 79-80 Margaret Street; change of use to allow flexible commercial and apart-hotel use at 76 Great Titchfield Street; and use of building as three self-contained flats at 5 Hanson Street. There is also an appeal against a planning decision at 22 Foley Street.
To view the applications and make a comment, use the monthly list below and the links to the full application on the council website. There is a limited time to submit comments. If you have trouble with the link not working, use the application reference number and search Westminster’s planning website. The monthly list we publish is pulled from the council’s website and is correct at the time of publication.
(This monthly list will be updated, as new applications are validated, until the beginning of the following month.)
- an application under the ecclesiastical exemption from listed building control as prescribed through The Ecclesiastical Exemption (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) (England) Order 2010 (SI 2010 no 1176) Roman Catholic Church Ogle Street London W1W 6HSRef. No: 22/02035/EEN | Received: Fri 25 Mar 2022 | Validated: Fri 25 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending (Editor’s note: this application was later removed from the list by WCC.)
- Renewal of display for a temporary period of six months of a non-illuminated estate agent board located on the face of the building at a height of between 3m and 4.6m above pavement level and measuring 1.2m x 0.9m. 1 – 3 Mortimer Street London W1T 3JARef. No: 22/01972/AD7 | Received: Wed 23 Mar 2022 | Validated: Wed 23 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- Renewal of display for a temporary period of six months of a non-illuminated commercial agency marketing board located on the face of the building measuring 915mm x 610mm. 38 Riding House Street London W1W 7ESRef. No: 22/01891/AD7 | Received: Mon 21 Mar 2022 | Validated: Mon 21 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- Installation of full height openable windows and replacement double doors. Fifth Floor 14-16 Great Portland Street London W1W 8QWRef. No: 22/01749/FULL | Received: Wed 16 Mar 2022 | Validated: Wed 16 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- Display of one internally illuminated fasica sign measuring 1.3m x 5.18m, one internally illuminated projecting sign measuring 1.1m x 0.7m, one internally illuminated LED screen measuring 2.5m x 5m and one externally illuminated LED screen measuring 1.062m x 0.616m. Development Site At 70-88 Oxford Street LondonRef. No: 22/01760/ADV | Received: Wed 16 Mar 2022 | Validated: Fri 25 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- Renewal of display for a temporary period of six months of a non-illuminated estate agent board located on the face of the building at a height of between 3m and 4.6m above pavement level and measuring 1.2m x 0.9m. 64 Great Titchfield Street London W1W 7QHRef. No: 22/01712/AD7 | Received: Mon 14 Mar 2022 | Validated: Mon 14 Mar 2022 | Status: Decided
- Variation of Condition 1 of planning permission dated 14 September 2021 (RN: 20/08346/FULL) for, ‘Partial demolition including rear facades and fourth floor mansard roof; a new brick elevation at fourth floor and mansard roof at fifth floor; rear extension; installation of new shopfront and windows; re-configuration of entrances; repair of retained elevations; extension of the chimney stack; basement excavation; connection of the basement, ground and fifth floors to 50-57 Newman Street in connection with hotel use (Class C1), continued use of the first, second, third and fourth floors as self-contained residential flats (Class C3); private terrace at rear fifth floor level in connection with the hotel use and associated external works’; NAMELY, to create an additional basement level in connection with hotel use; and replacement of existing timber frame windows with steel sash windows to match the existing. (Application under Section 73 of the Act). Basement And Ground Floor 49 Newman Street London W1T 3DZRef. No: 22/01654/FULL | Received: Fri 11 Mar 2022 | Validated: Tue 22 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- Renewal for display for a temporary period of six months of a non-illuminated ‘to let’ board on the face of the building measuring 0.6m and 0.45m.32 Rathbone Place London W1T 1JQRef. No: 22/01650/AD7 | Received: Fri 11 Mar 2022 | Validated: Fri 11 Mar 2022 | Status: Decided
- Use of basement as venue space (Sui Generis) 16 Riding House Street London W1W 7EBRef. No: 22/01578/FULL | Received: Wed 09 Mar 2022 | Validated: Wed 09 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- Display of non illuminated fascia sign measuring 0.82m X 2.0mGround Floor 32 Newman Street London W1T 1PURef. No: 22/01535/ADV | Received: Tue 08 Mar 2022 | Validated: Tue 08 Mar 2022 | Status: Decided
- Use of an area of the public highway measuring 0.7 m x 7.6 m for the placing of three tables and six chairs for use in connection with the adjacent unit. 1-2 Langham Place London W1B 3DERef. No: 22/01548/TCH | Received: Tue 08 Mar 2022 | Validated: Tue 08 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- Variation of Condition 4 of planning permission dated 21st April 2020 (RN: 20/00997/TCH) for, ‘Use of an area of the public highway measuring 11.00m x 0.4m for placing of 4 table, 14 chairs, 1 planter and 1 A board in connection with the ground floor use’; NAMELY, the allow the use of the pavement to continue after 30 April 2022. (Application under Section 73 of the Act). 35 – 36 Rathbone Place London W1T 1JNRef. No: 22/01504/FULL | Received: Mon 07 Mar 2022 | Validated: Thu 17 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- The Application relates to the rear part of 5 Hanson Street comprising a two- storey building with a bridge link to the front part of the property. Originally a building in commercial use it was converted into a 1 bedroom house with planning permission. Subsequently the building was subdivided into 3 self-contained flats in 2013 and has been in continuous use since then. 5 Hanson Street London W1W 6TDRef. No: 22/01394/CLEUD | Received: Tue 01 Mar 2022 | Validated: Tue 01 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- Change of use of the first, second and third floors from Class E to flexible Class E / overnight accommodation/aparthotel (5 bedrooms) 76 Great Titchfield Street London W1W 7QRRef. No: 22/01265/FULL | Received: Fri 25 Feb 2022 | Validated: Tue 15 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- Installation of new partially openable shopfronts with retractable awnings and foldable benches fixed to the shopfronts on the Foley Street and Hanson Street elevations. 21 Foley Street London W1W 6DRRef. No: 22/01252/FULL | Received: Thu 24 Feb 2022 | Validated: Tue 15 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- Display of two internally non illuminated thin painted metal lettering measuring 0.6m x 2.4m, 0.6m x 1.05m and one externally illuminated fascia sign measuring 0.3m x 0.5m.Basement And Ground Floor 21 Foley Street London W1W 6DRRef. No: 22/01253/ADV | Received: Thu 24 Feb 2022 | Validated: Tue 08 Mar 2022 | Status: Decided
- Replacement windows to stairwells on the Great Titchfield Street elevation and rear lightwell elevation. 66-68 Margaret Street London W1W 8SRRef. No: 22/01233/FULL | Received: Thu 24 Feb 2022 | Validated: Thu 17 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- Confirmation that the following material operations were undertaken in order to lawfully implement planning permission dated 13 February 2019 (RN: 18/10098/FULL) for, ‘External works associated with the refurbishment of the existing hotel; including the installation of plant within a rear lightwell at basement and ground floor level and on a new ninth floor terrace; installation of an openable glass roof to the internal courtyard at ground floor; alterations to the ground floor Berners Street elevation with new signage; erection of a glazed pavilion at 9th floor level with terrace, and installation of external lighting’ for the purpose of Section 56(2) of the Town and Country Planning Act (1990) (as amended) prior to the expiry of the permission on 12 February 2022: (i) Installation of the roof structure to the consented penthouse suite; and (ii) Demolition of existing external and internal walls at 9th floor level to create the open plan upper floor to the penthouse suite. Sanderson House 50 Berners Street London W1T 3NGRef. No: 22/01067/CLEUD | Received: Fri 18 Feb 2022 | Validated: Mon 07 Mar 2022 | Status: Pending
- Display of one externally non illuminated hanging sign measuring 0.85m x 0.7m.Kenilworth House 79 – 80 Margaret Street London W1W 8TARef. No: 22/01031/ADV | Received: Thu 17 Feb 2022 | Validated: Thu 03 Mar 2022 | Status: Decided
22/00009/TPREF | Erection of a roof extension at fifth floor level to enlarge existing flat (Class C3). | 22 Foley Street London W1W 6DT.