Fitzrovia News complaints procedure
Fitzrovia News is committed to working within and adhering strictly to the Editors Code of Practice and the NUJ Code of Conduct. However, if any person feels we have breached these codes in any way, and wishes to make a complaint, please submit your complaint, in writing by email to the editors (email@example.com) in accordance with the following steps:
• All complaints must include the name and date of the publication, with reference to the specific article in question.
• Please include the web link to the article if possible, and/or link to any image or video.
• A detailed description of the complaint, with reference to specific words, phrases, images, instances, dates and records that are relevant, and which clauses of the Editors Code of Practice or NUJ Code of Conduct you believe the publication has breached.
Who can complain?
• Complaints must be made on behalf of a named individual only. This includes complaints where businesses and organisations are involved
• In submitting a complaint, you must provide your full name, address, phone number and email.
What can I complain about?
• You can complain about any article, in print or online, including words, images and audio / video content.
• You can also complain about the conduct of an individual journalist or employee of the publication in question, with reference to specific (if any) clauses of the Editors Code or NUJ Code of Conduct which are in breach
• Complaints must be contemporaneous and must be made within four months of publication.
• The publication will endeavor to respond to the complainant within 21 working days.
• The editors will confirm receipt of the complaint within three working days by contacting the complainant via email.
• All complaints will be dealt with by the editors.
• The editors will investigate the complaint to the best of their ability, in respect of the Editors Code of Practice or NUJ Code of Conduct, and respond accordingly.
• If we uphold your complaint, we will inform you of the remedial actions taken or to be taken.
All information provided to Fitzrovia News will be handled sensitively and within the boundaries of the Data Protection Act 1998.