Westminster Council registered 13 planning applications in Fitzrovia West during August 2022.
Among the applications are: amendments to approved application at 50-57 Newman Street; new partially openable shop front, and railings to windows on upper floors at 76 Great Titchfield Street; a rear extension at 111 – 113 Great Titchfield Street; addition of a window, removal of skylight to terrace and replace with decking, and associated works at 6 Bourlet Close; use of ground floor as a drinking establishment with expanded food provision (Sui Generis) and associated internal renovations at ground floor 48 Margaret Street.
To view the applications and make a comment, use the monthly list below and the links to the full application on the council website. There is a limited time to submit comments. If you have trouble with the link not working, use the application reference number and search Westminster’s planning website. The monthly list we publish is pulled from the council’s website and is correct at the time of publication.
Residents in the Westminster part of Fitzrovia can also seek advice on planning applications by contacting the Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association (email: email@example.com).
- Details of written scheme of investigation for a programme of archaeological work pursuant to Condition 11 (A) of planning permission dated 22 July 2022 (RN: 22/01654/FULL) Basement And Ground Floor 49 Newman Street London W1T 3DZRef. No: 22/05903/ADFULL | Received: Tue 30 Aug 2022 | Validated: Tue 30 Aug 2022 | Status: Pending
- Variation of condition 1 of planning permission dated 13 January 2021 (RN:20/03608/FULL) for Variation of condition 1 of planning permission dated 13 December 2018 (RN 17/11106/FULL) for the demolition and redevelopment to provide a building of three basement levels, ground and part five, part six upper floors for use as a hotel (Class C1) with ancillary restaurant, bar and wellness facilities, including terraces at 4th and 6th floors; plant equipment at 6th floor and roof level and associated works from RN 17/11106/FULL, NAMELY, to vary the approved drawing numbers to amend the design and functionality. Namely, the material at the ground floor level of back frontage has been changed to a light coloured brick;The six protruding bays shapes have been changed to cornered black metal frame rather than curved white stone. The room layout has been amended to fit with the new building grid; DDA ramp to be installed at the entrance of the lobby on the front frontage; Room keys reduced from 85 to 76; UKPN room size has been increased andLightwell has been infilled at B1 floor on the front frontage (68 sqm) and the void has been infilled at B1 floor (52 sqm) 50 – 57 Newman Street London W1T 3EBRef. No: 22/05863/FULL | Received: Fri 26 Aug 2022 | Validated: Fri 26 Aug 2022 | Status: Pending
- Details of visual screening for the new mechanical plant pursuant to Condition 4 of planning permission dated 9 July 2021 (RN: 21/03399/FULL). 58 – 62 Newman Street LondonRef. No: 22/05846/ADFULL | Received: Fri 26 Aug 2022 | Validated: Wed 31 Aug 2022 | Status: Pending
- Replacement shopfront which would be partially openable, provision of planter at first floor window; installation of railings to second and third floor windows; and associated works. 76 Great Titchfield Street London W1W 7QRRef. No: 22/05561/FULL | Received: Sat 13 Aug 2022 | Validated: Sat 13 Aug 2022 | Status: Pending
- Display of non illuminated fascia signs measuring 0.5m x 4.3m and 0.5m x 4.2m and display of two internally illuminated fascia sign (letters only) measuring 0.5m x 0.5m and display of internally illuminated (letters only) projecting sign 0.5m x 0.8m10 Great Castle Street London W1W 8LPRef. No: 22/05503/ADV | Received: Thu 11 Aug 2022 | Validated: Wed 17 Aug 2022 | Status: Decided
- Erection of rear extension to the first, second and third floors to enlarge dwellinghouse (Class C3). 111 – 113 Great Titchfield Street LondonRef. No: 22/05461/FULL | Received: Tue 09 Aug 2022 | Validated: Tue 23 Aug 2022 | Status: Pending
- Erection of a rear extension to the second, third and fourth levels to enlarge dwelling (Class C3). 111 – 113 Great Titchfield Street LondonRef. No: 22/05460/FULL | Received: Tue 09 Aug 2022 | Validated: Tue 23 Aug 2022 | Status: Pending
- Display of externally illuminated fascia sign measuring 0.25m x 0.65m, projecting sign measuring 0.12m x 0.35m. 22-24 Great Portland Street London W1W 8QSRef. No: 22/05406/ADV | Received: Mon 08 Aug 2022 | Validated: Mon 08 Aug 2022 | Status: Pending
- Display of an externally illuminated fascia sign measuring 0.26m x 2.5m. 68 Great Portland Street London W1W 7NGRef. No: 22/05422/ADV | Received: Mon 08 Aug 2022 | Validated: Tue 30 Aug 2022 | Status: Pending
- Restoration of the existing gas supply via the installation of external gas pipe apparatus. 63 Great Titchfield Street LondonRef. No: 22/05224/FULL | Received: Mon 01 Aug 2022 | Validated: Mon 01 Aug 2022 | Status: Pending
- Addition of a window to the side elevation at first floor level; removal of skylight to terrace and replace with decking to match original existing; and associated works. 6 Bourlet Close London W1W 7BNRef. No: 22/05041/FULL | Received: Mon 25 Jul 2022 | Validated: Wed 10 Aug 2022 | Status: Pending
- Installation of one air conditioning unit located at rear flat roof level. First Floor Windsor House 40-41 Great Castle Street London W1W 8LURef. No: 22/04645/FULL | Received: Tue 12 Jul 2022 | Validated: Wed 03 Aug 2022 | Status: Pending
- Installation of bird deterrent netting to the rear of the building. Star House 15-17 Great Portland Street London W1W 8QARef. No: 22/04377/FULL | Received: Fri 01 Jul 2022 | Validated: Wed 03 Aug 2022 | Status: Pending