Westminster Council validated 14 planning applications in the Fitzrovia West neighbourhood area during November 2022.
Among the monthly list of applications are: plant and screening at rear of 59-61 Bolsover Street and 224-228 Great Portland Street; extensions and alterations at 71 Great Titchfield Street (corner of Langham Street); air conditioning units at 85 Great Titchfield Street; use of ground floor as office, change of plant equipment and installation of outside metal access stair to roof terrace at 60-62 Margaret Street; alterations to commercial frontage at 146 New Cavendish Street (includes Ogle Street); alterations to first floor to rear of 40-44 Newman Street; class E use at 31 Berners Street and 25-33 Berners Street; .
To view the applications and make a comment, use the monthly list below and the links to the full application on the council website. There is a limited time to submit comments. If you have trouble with the link not working, use the application reference number and search Westminster’s planning website. The monthly list we publish is pulled from the council’s website and is correct at the time of publication.
Residents in the Westminster part of Fitzrovia can also seek advice on planning applications by contacting the Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association (email: email@example.com).
- Use of ground floor unit as Class E. 31 Berners Street London W1T 3LRRef. No: 22/08052/CLEUD | Received: Mon 28 Nov 2022 | Validated: Mon 28 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- Use of lower ground floor as a flexible Class E (office /gym) use. 25 – 33 Berners Street London W1T 3LRRef. No: 22/08054/FULL | Received: Mon 28 Nov 2022 | Validated: Mon 28 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- Display of one internally illuminated double sided advertisement panel consisting of 1 LED digital screen measuring 2.37m x 1.34m forming part of a bus shelter outside 290 Regent street. Bus Stop Outside 290 Regent Street London W1B 3ANRef. No: 22/07813/ADV | Received: Thu 17 Nov 2022 | Validated: Thu 17 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- External alterations to the Oxford Street elevation to reconfigure the retail shopfront, and other associated works. 1 Newman Street London W1T 1PBRef. No: 22/07605/FULL | Received: Wed 09 Nov 2022 | Validated: Wed 09 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- Use of the ground and lower ground floors from office (Class E) to education (Class F1a) for a temporary period of 3 years. Basement And Ground Floor 85 – 86 Newman Street London W1T 3EURef. No: 22/07555/FULL | Received: Mon 07 Nov 2022 | Validated: Mon 07 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- Replacement windows, upgrade of plant and associated screening, at first floor to the rear of the property. FKS House 40 – 44 Newman Street London W1T 1QDRef. No: 22/07492/FULL | Received: Fri 04 Nov 2022 | Validated: Fri 04 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- Replacement ground floor entrance door on Ogle Street; alterations to fenestration and facade at ground floor level on Ogle Street and New Cavendish Street; and replacement of all windows at first to third floor level on Ogle Street and New Cavendish Street with double glazing metal windows. 146 New Cavendish Street London W1W 6YQRef. No: 22/07470/FULL | Received: Thu 03 Nov 2022 | Validated: Thu 10 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- Amendments to planning permission dated 14th MArch 2019 (RN 19/03656/FULL) for the alterations to the ground floor office entrance. NAMELY, to change of finish to the splayed entrance reveal from brick slips to Portland Stone render to match the main facade. 20 Great Portland Street London W1W 8QRRef. No: 22/07446/NMA | Received: Thu 03 Nov 2022 | Validated: Wed 30 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- Installation of four air conditioning units located at rear first floor flat roof including associated acoustic mitigation. Ground Floor 85 Great Titchfield Street London W1W 6RJRef. No: 22/07417/FULL | Received: Wed 02 Nov 2022 | Validated: Wed 02 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- Installation of water/ sprinkler tank, box enclosure housing pipe work and screened enclosure around plant room to rear of flat. (Retrospective) 59-61 Bolsover Street And 224-228 Great Portland Street London W1W 5QPRef. No: 22/06679/FULL | Received: Mon 03 Oct 2022 | Validated: Thu 17 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- Display of an a-board measuring 0.85m x 0.6m and two banner adverts measuring 2m x 0.8m and 2m x 2.5m, all located on the public highway. 11 Newman Street London W1T 1PBRef. No: 22/05392/ADV | Received: Sun 07 Aug 2022 | Validated: Wed 23 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- Display of two non-illuminated fascia signs measuring 0.65m x 1.1m and 0.82m x 1.3m, two non-illuminated projecting signs measuring 0.65m x 0.88m and one non-illuminated projecting sign measuring 0.25m x 0.7m. Shop 1 Great Portland Street Station Great Portland Street London W1W 5PWRef. No: 22/03081/ADV | Received: Mon 09 May 2022 | Validated: Wed 23 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- Installation of advertisement signs; and internal layout works. (Linked with 22/03081/ADV) Shop 1 Great Portland Street Station Great Portland Street London W1W 5PWRef. No: 22/02270/LBC | Received: Mon 04 Apr 2022 | Validated: Wed 23 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- Erection of mansard roof extension at fourth-floor level to create an additional residential unit (Class C3). Erection of a single-storey first-floor level rear side extension for use in connection with the residential flats from first to new fourth-floor level with re-located air handling unit and airconditioning units above. Installation of replacement duct to the rear of the property terminating above new roof level. Internal and external alterations. 71 Great Titchfield Street London W1W 6RBRef. No: 22/01206/FULL | Received: Wed 23 Feb 2022 | Validated: Thu 24 Nov 2022 | Status: Pending
- 22/00121/ENFTP | Appeal against | Flat 1 108 Great Portland Street, London W1W 6PG. The appeal follows service of an Enforcement Notice by the City Council. Without the benefit of planning permission and within the last 4 years; alterations to the pre-existing multilevel roof to the rear ground floor extension by the creation of a flat roof with asphalt covering, erection of infill parapet wall adjoining 110 GreatPortland Street, installation of decking over the new flat roof, installation of timberfencing on the rear parapet wall and around the rear lightwell, the replacement of a window in the flank elevation of the back addition at first floor with an access door; all in connection with the unauthorised use of the new flat roof as a terrace by occupiers of the First/Second Floor Flat. Appeal at Planning Inspectorate.