Westminster Council validated 12 planning applications during April 2023 in Fitzrovia West.
Included in the list of applications are: alterations to a listed building at 11-13 Charlotte Street; change of use of upper floors to residential at Duke of York public house, 47 Rathbone Street; tables and chairs at 50 Berners Street and 246-248 Great Portland Street; rooftop plant and alterations to shopfront at 19 Newman Street; plant equipment at 27-28 Eastcastle Street; replacement of facade structures at 8 Mortimer Street.
There is also an appeal decision at 1 Berners Mews.
To view the applications and make a comment, use the monthly list below and the links to the full application on the council website. There is a limited time to submit comments. If you have trouble with the link not working, use the application reference number and search Westminster’s planning website. The monthly list we publish is pulled from the council’s website and is correct at the time of publication.
Residents in the Westminster part of Fitzrovia can also seek advice on planning applications by contacting the Fitzrovia Neighbourhood Association (email: email@example.com).
- Use of an area of the public highway measuring 13.41m x 4.46m for placing of 10 tables, 20 chairs, 2 benches, 20 planters and 1 waiter station on Berners Street to be used by customers of Sanderson House. Sanderson House 50 Berners Street London W1T 3NG Ref. No: 23/02825/TCH | Received: Fri 28 Apr 2023 | Validated: Fri 28 Apr 2023 | Status: Pending
- Internal altrations including installation of a tea point at both second and third floor levels; insertion of a new plasterboard stud internal partition to create one new meeting room at both second and third floor levels; and installation of metal framed glazing screens with integrated doors at both second and third floor levels. (part retrospective) 11 – 13 Charlotte Street London W1T 1RH Ref. No: 23/02822/LBC | Received: Fri 28 Apr 2023 | Validated: Fri 28 Apr 2023 | Status: Pending
- Alterations to the second and third floors. (Part retrospective) 11 – 13 Charlotte Street London W1T 1RH Ref. No: 23/02826/LBC | Received: Fri 28 Apr 2023 | Validated: Fri 28 Apr 2023 | Status: Pending
- Use of basement as public house (Sui Generis); use of first floor as residential accommodation (C3); use of second and third floor as residential accommodations (C3); replacement of windows with double glazed sash windows; and installation of two air conditioning units. Duke Of York 47 Rathbone Street London W1T 1NWRef. No: 23/02502/FULL | Received: Fri 14 Apr 2023 | Validated: Tue 25 Apr 2023 | Status: Pending
- Details of servicing management plan pursuant to Condition 10 of planning permission dated 30 August 2019 (RN: 19/02162/FULL). Remo House 310 – 312 Regent Street London W1B 3AURef. No: 23/02469/ADFULL | Received: Thu 13 Apr 2023 | Validated: Thu 13 Apr 2023 | Status: Pending
- Installation of new plant on second floor flat roof. Eastcastle House 27-28 Eastcastle Street London W1W 8DHRef. No: 23/02428/FULL | Received: Wed 12 Apr 2023 | Validated: Wed 12 Apr 2023 | Status: Pending
- Replacement of surface treatment of existing baguettes on the southern, eastern and northern facades of the existing development. 8 Mortimer Street London W1T 3JJRef. No: 23/02423/FULL | Received: Wed 12 Apr 2023 | Validated: Wed 12 Apr 2023 | Status: Pending
- Display of a non-illuminated hoarding measuring 18.9m x 39.1m, and four non-illuminated fascia signs with three measuring 0.73m x 2.19m and one measuring 0.73m x 0.73m x 2.92m for a temporary period from 30th April 2023 until 30th April 2024. 214 Oxford Street London W1C 1DARef. No: 23/02381/ADV | Received: Mon 10 Apr 2023 | Validated: Fri 14 Apr 2023 | Status: Pending
- Erection of rooftop plant equipment, amendments to existing shopfront and associated works. 19 Newman Street London W1T 1PFRef. No: 23/02274/FULL | Received: Wed 05 Apr 2023 | Validated: Wed 05 Apr 2023 | Status: Pending
- Installation of double glazing and repairs to frames at second floor level. Flat 7 Central Park Lodge 54-58 Bolsover Street London W1W 5NQRef. No: 23/02062/FULL | Received: Tue 28 Mar 2023 | Validated: Mon 17 Apr 2023 | Status: Pending
- Variation of condition 4 of planning permission dated 17th May 2022 (21/05257/TCH) for use of the public highway on the Bolsover Street elevation for placing of 4 tables and 8 chairs in an area measuring 19.25m x 0.7m in connection with the existing ground floor use NAMELY, to extend the temporary planning permission for a further two years. 246-248 Great Portland Street London W1W 5QYRef. No: 23/01836/FULL | Received: Mon 20 Mar 2023 | Validated: Tue 04 Apr 2023 | Status: Pending
- Appeal against enforcement notice. 1 Berners Mews, London W1T 3AJ Ref. No: 22/00141/ENFTP | Received: Mon 12 Dec 2022 | Status: Appeal Dismissed