Posted inFeatures

History notes: the St Giles Rookery

Part of the Rookery, St Giles. March, 1844. Watercolour over graphite sketch by John Wykeham Archer. © The Trustees of the British Museum: 1874,0314.113. Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license.  On the south eastern edge of Fitzrovia around the still existing Bainbridge Street and Dyott Street was, until the mid-19 century, a jumble of […]